Racing Royalty

1. My heritage month poster features 7 time world champion Lewis Hamilton. Lewis Hamilton is a black Formula One Driver for Mercedes Benz F1 Team. He is the most winning driver of all time winning a total of 103 Grand Prixs, and is tied for most world championships with 7. I decided to name my artwork “Hamilton :Racing Royalty” The elements that are most obvious in my artwork are colors. The whole poster is filled with vibrant colors that jump out at you when you look at it. 
  2. The tools that helped make my artwork were Photshop and illustrator. In photoshop I had to mask the subject and remove the background. From there I positerized the image which breaks the image down into smaller levels. I then added a gradient map to the image which gave its colors. After that I dragged it into illustrator where I added my final touches to it such as the border, and the text displayed in the poster. 
  3. Selecting Lewis Hamilton as the subject for my heritage month poster was a natural choice, driven by my deep fascination with Formula One. Hamilton’s trailblazing journey in the sport, coupled with his unwavering advocacy for diversity and change, makes him an exemplary figure to celebrate. Through my art piece, I aim to capture not only Hamilton’s remarkable achievements on the racetrack but also his impactful contributions to promoting diversity within the world of Formula One. 
  4.  My goals were to become more familiar with the two programs we use Photshop and Illustrator. I wanted to master more techniques so I could better understand the programs. I believe that doing this artwork helped me better understand the programs, especially AI as prior to this, I had not been able to navigate Illustrator. 
  5. My overall impression of this piece is that it was fun. I liked the final product that came out, and I had also learned a variety of new techniques. This will influence my future art pieces projects as I will now implement the techniques I learned in my future projects.